Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bolt from the blue

Been a while since I updated this but on my 49th Birthday and 20th Wedding Anniversary our extended family was rocked by the tragic and untimely death of Freddie Nightingale. Coming from a family of girls and marrying into the same, all of my Brothers in law are more like brothers to me. For Freddie this was especially true as he too ran multiple marathons so he got why I run. He completed Dublin 2005 4:53:59, Belfast 2006 3:52:13 and finally Dublin 2006 3:36:42. A prankster of the highest order but I can never recall him not greeting me with a smile and a joke which I will always remember him by.

Gone but never forgotten


 

A brief outline of running over the last six weeks.

Holiday Time. – Clonakilty and another Marathon read more

Blowing off Steam – Report on my new 10K PB read more

Trouble ahead – The warning signs that got ignored read more

Something Ventured Nothing gained – Report from the Quinlan Cup in Tullamore read more

Broken – self explanatory read more

No comments:

Post a Comment