Monday, September 14, 2015

Still Broken

Still on the bench. Not a mile ran in September and have abandoned this Saturdays planned Marathon in Tulloran. Just finished my 3rd Visit to Leon in Physiozone, needles today on the TFL and Quads. My knee is still swelling up after any length of time standing/walking and even though I have no pain just swelling and a pulling sensation at the IT insertion point under weight. Leon has advised to refer to the Doc tomorrow for an MRI referral or possible NSAID/ Steroid Injection. Its doubtful that it is a Stress Fracture as I would not be able to tolerate the ShockWave Therapy on the Insertion point if it was, of which I have had 3 sessions with minor discomfort in the area.

At this point running a PB in Frankfurt is not likely , best case scenario is that I make the start line and get to jog high 5 my way around the city. I have also planned a marathon in Galway in Three weeks time but I may drop down to the half unless there is a miraculous recovery on the knee between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment