Friday, September 4, 2015

Broken

Monday morning I awoke no pain and took one look at my leg. Swollen quite badly from my knee to my ankle. Luckily I had an appointment with Leon but he really could not do much work on the knee with the swelling. He did work on my right TBL using Electro Shockwave Therapy. He said it would be sore but to be honest I found dry needling to be more severe. One thing with this therapy, I was told not to take any sort of anti inflammatory medication and only ice the area if it was really sore. Secondly only exercise allowed this week was Stationary bike 20 minutes or Front crawl Swim. Breaststroke, Rower, Cross trainer or running where a no go. So my first zero mile week in almost three years.

Luckily I had a spare week to play with between the Special Phase and the Race Specific Phase. Somehow I think it may need 10 to 14 days to fully recover. Still okay but anything longer raises the possibility of not having a crack at a marathon PB in Frankfurt.

Someone told me during the week that runners cycle as regards injuries is as follows. Getting Injured, Injured or recovery from an injury. I tend to agree and hopefully I will be back to getting injured again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment