Monday, September 21, 2015

Corner Turned

Finally able to get back to running this weekend. Reverted back to the Doctor who accessed the situation. Time for an Anti-Inflammatory. Difenee which comes with a bad rep of side effects notable that it may (and has) aggravated my Bowel. So one thing gets fixed another thing breaks. Going to persist unless my Bowel shows signs of bleeding. Course of tablets for 10 days. The real issue may be what happens when I come off them, will my symptoms return? Hopefully not as I am not a believer in taking tablets just to eliminate symptoms. It may well be just an unusual inflammation from some sort of infection but I am more inclined to think this may be more related to the current age of my joints and the possibility that they are starting to remind me I am not a kid no more.

Frankfurt Target

I feel having lost well over 3 weeks of specific training that my lofty goal of sub 3:10 is gone by the wayside. I am not really going to get any sort of race pace work done or really very little between now and race day. This could turn out to be one hell of a taper. Best case scenario is a crack at sub 3:15 outside of that lining up on the day will do me. Pity as for the first time in my life I got rightfully in to the first Corral.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back - I know what it's like, having come back form injury and inflammation not so long ago. Don't worry about the lost training, there is nothing you can do about it. Just re-build and be surprised how fit you can become in a few weeks thanks to a still existing endurance base.

    ReplyDelete