Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It is what it is

Current level of fitness or running speed. What is for sure it isn't what it was 6-8 weeks ago. Quite demoralising struggling to do 7:15 pace for 2.5 miles with 0.5 8:30 recovery in between. Third felt like the tail end of a 10K race and HR figures back this up. 6 weeks ago I was knocking out the same session @ 7 Min pace with the HR in the MP to HMP range.Three weeks off didn't help but neither did my diet. A non reduction of calories has added extra 6 lbs. on the frame. It makes a difference alright.

It will be what it will be.

All I can do is get the diet in order and try and maximise my running without flaring up the knee. Still no answer but have a visit to the Doc on Monday for a review. Anti Inflammatory brought it down and no pain or flare up this week so far, however my mileage is not back to 100% yet. Saturday will test as I plan to toe the line at the start of Galway Bay Marathon. Easy first lap, with 13-14 Miles somewhere between 7:45 and 7:15, then jog walk the last few miles. Any sign of knee issue and I will pull up. It is a 4 Loop course so it makes it easier to manage from that respect. As regards what I do in Frankfurt I will make a decision on race day. If I can comfortable go sub 3:15 for the first half then I will have a lash at it otherwise ease back and enjoy is plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment