Thursday, January 24, 2013

To the needleman again

If it aint right fix it

After my track work last week it was 2 days before the soreness and stiffness seemed to get out of my legs. On Friday I did a 5 mile tempo run @ 8 min Mile pace with one mile warm up and down. This is normally on the easier end of my tempo runs but the last mile was anything but. My Left hamstring/glutes where not willing to work with me at all. Clearly they had not recovered fully from the exertions of the track work. A couple of days easy running/swimming and plenty of cold and hot baths for the next few days.
This seemed to work wonders and by Tuesday evening I decided to try a long easy run of 15 miles. Run went without indecent until about 12 miles when again the left hamstring/glutes decide we are going no further. Luckily I had planned a 3 mile loop for this run and was able to bale out shortly afterwards. Clearly this niggle was not going to go away to easy so a trip to Leon and his needles.

Dry Needling

Third time getting this done and it does not get any easier or less painful  One of the advantages of this treatment is that for the next two days your muscles will be that sore it prevents one from doing anything that will stress them. This obviously improves or aids greatly in the recovery process. I have a return visit for a revaluation next Monday.

Taking the plunge

After many years of solo running I have finally decided to take the plunge and join a club. Yesterday evening I joined B.M.O.H. Even though there are 2 clubs in Ennis and I will have a 30 minute spin to any training sessions or activities, I still fell that there are a better fit for me. Hopefully it will be a mutually beneficial arrangement.


January 18th  
          7 Miles 5 Miles Tempo 40:08 @ 8:02 pace, HR 160 with 1 Mile WU/WD

January 22nd
         12.1 Miles Long Run 1:45:53 @ 8:45 pace, HR 149 (cut short 15 Miles Planned) 

No comments:

Post a Comment