Monday, January 7, 2013

Fish a not am I

If you cant run,you bike or row, otherwise you swim like a brick

After my little run in with stupid driver I knew straight away that running was out of the question for the foreseeable. Christmas eve was the first day that I did not notice any tenderness in the Achilles when walking so I decided a trip to the gym too see if it could hold up to some spinning. Five minutes in and it was starting to ache. Switched to the rower ditto. So shortest gym session ever (15 minutes). Left Gym into the pool did 20 lengths pain free. Rest of the holidays where daily trips to the pool where I have eventually got up to 50 to 60 lengths. If you think my run times are slow well swim pace is worse. Overheard some Tri heads talking about a girl who was lapping me with easy saying "She would be brilliant if she could only improve her swim". With my 2:20 100's there is really no chance of me turning to the dark side.

Goal for 2013

There is only one goal and it is the same as it was in 2011 & 2012 a Boston Qualifying time of sub 3:25 for the marathon. I am more confident that this will be got this year on the third attempt. I am smarter then I was in 2011 and know now that the body needs time to recover between sessions, and does not always follow a 7 Day training plan. I am physically in better shape this year off a smaller but smarter mileage in 2012.

Rest does work

By new years eve I felt a whole lot better so I again tried another Gym session. This time got through a 20 minute bike and 20 minute rower session without any aggravation on the Achilles.
New years day decide to chance a easy run on grass, 4 miles no problem. Yesterday went for 6 miles on grass again okay. I will chance 8 miles easy on the road on Tuesday evening and if that goes well I will go back to regular training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment