Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rebuilding Again

Peel back the layers

Was only expecting a rub down on Monday but Leon just could not get Glutes to release, so I got another dose of the needles. This time there was to be no running and a varied single leg bridge was to be done. Went back again on Thursday for a rub down of Glutes and Hamstrings. He also gave the IT a good workout as well. Plan is to gradually increase workout distance and intensity and continue with  the single leg bridge.

On the way Up

Thursday I did 4 miles very easy and all went well. Friday I did 5 miles including 3 * 1600 repeats at 7:20 per mile, got some small pinching in the butt when the pace went under 7:00 and towards the end of the third. I had planned 4 but I sided with caution and didn't do the last one.  Saturday I took a rest day which is a pity because it was the only day recently that you could look forward to doing a run. Sunday another 4 mile easy pace.

A damp run

This evening I was going to step it up to a 6 miler with 4 miles @ 8:00 pace. It was an horrible evening for it, wind, rain and hail. As I had left it late it was also dark so I decided to go to the fairgreen which has a little over a half mile circuit. Some of this is a bit uneven but I would be somewhat sheltered from the elements and have some light while not having to contend with traffic. The run went very well and I had managed to time it that I encountered no showers until I was on the way home. With about half a mile to go some stupid plonker of a driver ploughed through a flood and in the space of 1 second I was saturated from head to toe. I was not a happy bunny for the last 5 minutes of this run. I am really looking forward to the next couple of months when the stretch comes back in the evenings and I can get away from these idiots of drivers around the town of Ennis.



Feburary 1st
          5.5 Miles Interval Run 3 * 1600 @ 7:20 pace w 400m Rec (7:16,7:22,7:15) with 1 Mile
          WU/WD

Feburary 4th  
          6.2 Miles 4.2 Miles Tempo  33:44 @ 8:03 pace, HR 153 with 1 Mile WU/WD

No comments:

Post a Comment