Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A different perspective

Even before Frankfurt fizzled out to be a non race I was contemplating not running for 6-8 weeks. As usual when I take a different approach to my running I run it by RC. While he is not always right he is seldom wrong so I give his opinion on running matters a lot of respect. He suggested that maybe 6-8 weeks of easy running with no pressure, just get out an enjoy it would be better then none at all. This has proved the case since my return from Germany, no watch, no planned route just go out and run. I must say I am enjoying the freedom of not having to follow a structured plan for a while.

Dizzy

Yes its loppers running loops of Sixmilebridge again. I had decided a long time ago that I would not be running this year. Somehow at a meeting I manage to land the important job of Race Director for the early part of the race as Richie had something on that day. em_2015Working the night before meant into bed @ 2 AM for 3 hours of wake up its 2:30 now its 3:15. Finally woke at 5:15 quick coffee and of to the Bridge. While it may seem that Race Director would be a nightmare, it was not. Everyone was assigned their tasks and knew exactly what to do, leaving me to just make sure all the races got off on time and everyone finished safely. That is exactly what happened, everyone had a  good day when you consider what happened in Paris the previous Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment