Thursday, October 22, 2015

Am I mad

Perpetration for this race has been well lets say horrible. A situation in work over the last week very nearly put paid to the run. I eventually said to hell with this the work issue can wait until my return. This added stress has done me no favours with the bowel issue. Last night I looked up the Frankfurt site not to find where gel/aid stations are but which ones have Porto potties. My bowel movements don't move until I start to run and then its a case of where to go now. Hopefully I can get it emptied before the start on Sunday morning. This may mean doing one or two miles the evening before or on the morning of the race.

Expectations

Looking at the course and weather ideal conditions are going to be available to run a good time. Today I ran my usual cover the watch run with the HR. Run 3 miles @ what I think is MP effort, this has always given me a realistic target. Ran it today a bit too hard time and HR reflected this but on adjusting (Thomas 7sec/2 beats rule) I should fall anywhere between 3:12 and 3:21. Normally I would play it safe and aim for the middle ground and a possible 1 minute improvement on my PB. However I feel that my training or commitment really deserves a sub 3:15. I may not be in that shape but I am going to go for it. If I by any chance I can avoid a Porto Potty over the first half and it doesn't go tits up in the second half due to my lack of race specific work in September I may just get there. Anyone going through taper madness or at a loose end on Sunday Morning (9 AM) tracking is available here and my bib no is 8176

.

No comments:

Post a Comment