Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rookie Mistakes and the Runs

Prelude

Arrived home on Friday night after a gig to find Christopher doubled over the big white telephone getting sick. He also informs me he has got the runs as well. Felt sorry for the poor mite and helped him as best I could until there was nothing left to come out and he was so knackered all he wanted to do was sleep.

Still Making Them

Rookie mistakes that is. Saturday was down for my first 8 mile run just below marathon pace effort (155 HR). I have been extending the length of this run for the last month or so and this was to be the longest. Looked out the window from my warm house sun was shining sure no need to put on the ballet tights or compression top it looks like a nice warm day out with no breeze. Eager to get out and run in such a beautiful day I jumped into my shorts and tech top strapped on my watch and chest strap and off I went. Who needs vaseline or nice warm compression gear anyway. As I set about my run  felt a little bit nippy but I'll warm up. Meet two girls one who shouted "Hope we get the wheather you're expecting." Took no notice. Run I have marked for this is an out and back so I  have a gentle tailwind on the out. Everything is going to plan until I get to the turn around. The sunny skyline line has been replaced by a massive Black Cloud of Hail heading straight for me and of course the breeze has also stiffened, also I am getting rather sensitive in between the legs and on my moobs. The return leg was very difficult as one could imagine. It had to be done it hurt and was as tough as hell but when I got home I was delighted I finished it as planned. So I doubt I'll forget the vaseline for a while and bought another set of compression gear it is now winter or did we even get a summer.

The Runs

Sunday recovery run did not happen. I was curled up in a ball all day struck by the same little nastie that Christopher had on Friday Night.  Attempted again on Monday and this lasted about a Mile before my Stomach and Bowel decided to move in two completely different directions. Decided to skip Tuesday as well, so I was nervous about the outcome of today's Seven mile LT pace run. Finished it okay, but the stomach was not great after taking on some water halfway so bottle of water was quickly discarded. I rarely have issues with what/when I can eat before or during events but the last few days have shown me that getting it wrong in a race and you can forget about trying run let alone at race pace. 


October 30th
         13.51 Miles Long Run 1:57:05 @ 8:40 pace, HR 143 

November 3rd
         10 Miles 8 Miles 1:04:14 @ 8:02 pace, HR 156 with 1 Mile WU/WD

November 7th
         9 Miles 7 Miles 53:49 @ 7:41 pace, HR 160 with 1 Mile WU/WD

No comments:

Post a Comment