Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Looking Forward

Eddies Run

When Tom had let me know that there would be a half marathon in this years Eddie Murphy's Memorial Run   I was extremely happy. It allowed me to run and complete this without getting a DNF in the Full. Last September I penciled this in as a long run where I would just go out and jog around and have a bit of fun. However with Lorraine's illness my training plan got skewed slightly and is such that on the weekend I should be doing a LT Run of 8 miles. So I have now decided to race this and try and take a chunk off my Half Marathon PB of 1:44:52.

What pace to go out at ?

My last attempt at dropping this PB ended in disaster in Charleville Half 2011. Went out too fast (trying to catch a fast pacer ) at 7:30 pace and ended up crawling home for a time of 1:49:12. Currently based on my last 3 hard runs my VDOT according to online calculators gives me a 1:35:00 half marathon time. I always taken these online calculators with a pinch of salt. This is even more true when other factors are considered

  • I have no race specific training done.
  • My colitis is acting up again which will most likely mean a pit stop at some point.
  • That hill that we have to climb 13 times can mentally get you in the end.

With this in mind plan A is to go out at 7:30 pace and see where it gets me. This will leave me in 1:37 country so I am hoping to have a sub 1:40 PB on Sunday Evening barring a complete disaster during the race.


November 11th
         15.57 Miles Long Run 2:15:15 @ 8:42 pace, HR 143 

November 14th
         11 Miles 9 Miles 1:11:04 @ 7:54 pace, HR 155 with 1 Mile WU/WD


No comments:

Post a Comment