Monday, September 10, 2012

7 Day declaration

To Race 

Recovered extremely well from Dingle, that I turned my mind to doing a 3 * 2 mile @ 10K Pace session. Decided to keep the pace as close to 7:15 as possible but easy off if Hammer started to stretch. From the warm up it never felt 100% so was going to abandon ship. Once I upped the pace strangely it seemed to easy up for the first 2 intervals. Only really started to tighten in the last 100/200 m of the second interval. So I went for the third but could not maintain the pace without feeling a tightness in the hammer. Drop the pace but even with the dropped pace it still felt like the toughest of the three. Afterwards I felt okay and was deciding to aim for 45:30 in East Clare 10K in 2 weeks. 

or not to Race

Then I woke up the next morning, right hammer and glutes where as tight as hell. Took 3 days of light running, stretching foam rolling and swim to get any bit of mobility back into them. Even on 8 mile Easy Run on Saturday the still felt tender and sore. Is it really going to be worth the risk of a bad injury just to knock 1 min of a PB ? Also I now have a double gig the evening of the race, so horsing gear and standing for the guts of 6 hours is not what you want post race. I think I will park the sub 45 10K until the spring and just concentrate on building back my strength and mileage over the winter.


Interval
HR
HR%
Time
2 Mile
162
83%
14:31
2 Mile
170
88%
14:34
2 Mile
177
93%
14:38

5 Minute recovery Jog in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment