Thursday, January 21, 2016

A streak of sorts

Normally I dont do running streaks, just love my leaba on a Sunday too much. I was surprised to see on my log last year that I did manage 41 Days and 380 miles last May to June. This year I have a different streak, 24 days of been able to plan a run without having to ensure proximity to a toilet, either close to home or in Lees Road. My colitis has thankfully gone into remission and Two things helped this.

Item one the prescrided scud missiles from the doctor. They came with what my daughter described as finger condoms and I found that vasealine has another use other then preventing chaffing. So no need to draw a picture on this one.

Item two Turmeric and black pepper. I was doing a job for Micheal of Plexus BioEnergy recently and this came up in conversation with his receptionist Frances. Basically sweat onions garlic tumeric powder and black pepper as a base for stews, curries and soups. Luckily I love black pepper and now every Sunday night I take to the kitchen to make up a weeks supply of Kale soup. Basically chop and sweet off onion, garlic, mushrooms and a green pepperin 2-3 tabnlespoons of cocunut oil. Add probably 1-2 tablespoons of tumeric powder with a tablespoon of ground black pepper, if it is pasting too much add a small driop of water. After ten minutes add tin of tomatoes, fistful or two of kale, potatoe and carrot washed, chopped and unpeeled (like the Cork lads eat them) and some dark cabbage, water bring to a simmer and leave for an  30 minute. Eat as is or liquidise it. You will need to add salt when eating as it does taste quite bland , but so far it is working a treat for me in the rear end departmernt

As regards running I have fully commited to ticking off my remaining 11 Marathons to get to 50 before I will start back at trying to improve the times in the shorter stuff. I am hoping to have this done before June leaving me the summer to attack some PB’s and finally dip my toe into some XC in the autumn.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the turmeric. I'm a great believer in nutrition, and especially so for issues in the gut area (obviously!). Keep that going.

    ReplyDelete