Friday, June 19, 2015

Paleo Diet Live longer (my arse)

So the latest greatest diet for runners. All the benefits to be got from running in fat burn mode only. LCHF (Low carb High Fat). I am not one for any of these fad diets but today I inadvertently followed it. The Father in Law is in Hospital and due for some serious surgery as a result the shopping was left up to yours truly again. Guess what I forgot half of it. So today there was not a piece of fruit, cereal or bread to be found in the house. Made an attempt at scrambled milk (eggs) this morning for breakfast. Lunch was whatever tinned fish lay about the press whilst myself and Loraine fought over the last piece of bread. She won.

Fat Burn Running

The damn hardest thing I have ever done. After 6 miles of this evenings 16 mile long run I was suffering as sugar levels where low. The next ten miles where anything but enjoyable in fact several time I contemplated ending it all. I have never been so down or just not enjoying a run in all my life. Struggled all the way to the chipper for pizza and chips after the run.

Conclusion

Today 16 of the hardest most miserable miles I have ever ran because I didn't eat properly

So I don't think I will become a Paleo runner anytime in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment