Thursday, April 3, 2014

Back to Basics

The latest instalment sees me coaching some very new runners in the club. We have started a Couch to 5K program and I will be one of the coaches. Hard to imagine that over seven years have passed since I was thankfully forced to start this road due to been unhealthy and overweight, I think some of the participants where shocked to hear that I was not this super human skinny marathon runner, and maybe it will make the program more realistic to them if they can see what can be achieved by making such a small change to your life. Our group consists of 15 or so and we even have 3 gents. First night was 60 sec run 60 sec walk, a struggle for some but all got through it. It brought back memories of my first night so long ago doing this and been totally shagged and out of breath after it, but buzzing that I couldn't wait for the next night. I hope that our new recruits got the same buzz on Tuesday and continue with us for the next 6-9 weeks and maybe future then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment